Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “What If Foundation”, “we”, “our”, and “us”. These terms refer to the What If Foundation, an organization with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” – these terms refer to visitors to and users of our Site. Trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing in this site are the property of The What If Foundation or the party that provided the trademarks, services marks, logos, and copyrighted works to the What If Foundation. The What If Foundation and any party that provided trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works to the What If Foundation retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing in this site. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products, and/or services will inure to the benefit of the What If Foundation.
Your use of this site is at your own risk. The content is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. The What If Foundation disclaims all warranties, including any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, title, or noninfringement. The What If Foundation does not warrant that the functions or content contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The What If Foundation does not warrant or make any representation regarding use, or the result of use, of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and the What If Foundation may make changes or improvements at any time. You, and not the What If Foundation, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction in the event of any loss or damage arising from the use of this site or its content. The What If Foundation makes no warranties that your use of the content will not infringe the rights of others and assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in such content.
All of the information in this site, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this site, and the What If Foundation does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from this site if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
This site may be hyperlinked to other sites which are not maintained by, or related to, the What If Foundation. Hyperlinks to such sites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this site or the What If Foundation. The What If Foundation has not reviewed any or all of such sites and is not responsible for the content of those sites. The What If Foundation is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any hyperlinked site. Hyperlinks are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and the What If Foundation makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness or accuracy of these hyperlinks or the sites hyperlinked to this site. The What If Foundation provides hyperlinks as a convenience, and the inclusion of any hyperlink to a third-party site does not necessarily imply endorsement by the What If Foundation of that site or any association with its operators.
Linking to the What If Foundation Site and use of Content
The What If Foundation appreciates informational and educational uses of the What If Foundation Site and our Content, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on the uses, including the use of our name and logo and the digital links bearing the name and/or logo.
- Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that the What If Foundation endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services, or your website.
- Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that the What If Foundation will benefit from the sale of any of your goods or services.
- Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to our Site as designated within the link.
- The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors, or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product, or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- The What If Foundation name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any website that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, partisan material, or firearms.
- Appropriate action by the What If Foundation may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo promptly, but in no event later than two business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
Inappropriate use of What If Foundation’s Content
It is inappropriate to use the What If Foundation Site or Content for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities. We define these terms as follows:
- “Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
- “Obscene activities” are those that violate generally accepted social standards for use of this type of material or technology.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by the What If Foundation:
Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our Site or Content.
Using our Site or our Content to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.