“I live in a tent camp. My father does not work and I do not go to school. The food program is everything to me. I like talking to the adults there, and being around all the children. It’s the only thing that keeps me and the others in the tent camp going. I don’t know what we would do without it.” – Lenol, age 12
- Up to 6,000 nutritious meals provided every week (1,200 meals/day Monday – Friday).
- Cost per meal: approximately 65 cents.
- Food is purchased in Port-au-Prince from farmers and small distributors.
- Meals are lovingly prepared and served by our partner, Na Rive.
- Some children walk miles to attend. For most, it is their only meal of the day.
To learn more about the history of the food program, click here.
” I like coming to the food program because they give me a big plate of food, so I am not hungry. And I get to play with other children. I love that they teach me songs and other things. I feel safe at the food program. Really safe.” – Rolande, age 7